Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Project 365-Day 16

Granted I took a picture of this picture I only came across it. I don't own it.

I wish I did. The hubby loves this series of paintings by Edmund Blair Leighton

He had a poster of one portrait and a statue of another one but none of them were of this one.


I would like to own all of these for the sheer fact that he loves them and I always call him my Knight.

I say that he saved me, even if it was merely from myself.


This particular painting is called "Godspeed".

It features a beautiful woman wishing her knight in armor a farewell and safe return as he prepares to ride into battle on his white steed.

I love this painting personally for many reasons but the main part is that I myself have wished my knight farewell and a safe return.

1 comment:

  1. Laura Young used to have a poster of this framed and hanging over her bed. She probably still does. I love this set of paintings as well :)

    ReplyDelete