Wednesday, March 24, 2010

If You Wanna Get Ripped You Gotta Get Whipped

Today was a fun day...
In some ways yes and in some ways no...

It was big errand day at our house so we were all over the place, running here going there. Toning, taxes, tickets, tv, and cheese. I know it doesn't make sense to you. At least maybe not the cheese part. But we needed it for my experimental dinner. Which was brave after our experimental lunch.
It may sound dangerous to our health but it really wasn't. It was just a tortilla with marinara sauce, and precooked sausage and cheese baked in the oven on 350 until the cheese melted and the tortilla turned brown. Delicious and surprisingly filling. It can easily be more healthy with lean sausage or turkey pepperoni, skim cheese and whole wheat tortillas. It was tasty! If I do say so myself.
So our dinner was yet another tortilla crust with salsa, corn, precooked chicken and cheese (the hubby added black olives) Paired with a salad I could barely finish my 10in pizza. Plus I have realized that what they say is true. If you eat at the table you do eat less.
Then I had another great idea while walking around Walgreens waiting for my prescription to be filled. How about I make Rice Krispie Treats for Easter! I mean we are already decorating eggs and we've bought candy for our "baskets". The I remembered that my darling husband doesn't eat marshmallows...=[ But I talked him into my brilliant idea by using FRUITY PEBBLES! OH YEAH! Although that is the Koolaid slogan I believe that the Fruity Pebble one is "BAAAAARRNEEEEEY!"
As I'm melting the marshmallows and stirring them I realize "I haven't rice krispie treats since I was like 6" and that was with the help of my grandmother.
They turned out ok after the hubby and I stirred in all the cereal and I grunted to get it out of the pan and into a dish. They look delicious

But it looks like a bag of skittle dropped by and laid eggs in the mixing pot

Mmmm skittle babies!

Before all of this we took the P90X fit test this morning. I would love to say I passed with flying colors but lets be serious...we all know that although round is a shape it's never a good one. I mean can someone tell me something that is round and healthy? Other than fruit...I know that orange and cantaloupe came to my mind first.

Objects that are roundCake
Cookies
Pies
the shape of my rice krispie treats right now because they are in a bowl...
Little Debbie snacks

See all round NONE HEALTHY
Haha I asked DH what were some round edibles that weren't healthy for you and he said and I quote

"Little Debbie snacks mostly"
unquote

Anywho we did the P90X fit test and I did ok. I matched all the minimums and went above and beyond some of them. But we had to go outside to do our vertical leaps because my husband is 6'7" and can't jump in our house...and I come back in to find this devil here


He looks so innocent doesn't he?
I have news for you.
He's not.

Onward...had chewed up my resistance bands. The brand new ones I just bought (usually what brand new means). I had only used them twice. I was so mad. But I can't be that mad (though I was) I mean I did leave them in the floor and he is 11 wks old. But regardless I was angry. Even now several hours later I look at him and his cute little face and see a little tinge of red at the corner of my eyes and I try to pick him up and firmly tell him why I am angry with him just like Nanny Jo says to but he licks me and I can't be serious.

For example, right now...You know how cute and adorable it is when babies discover their toes and tongue and hands and they are just sooo fascinated with it that they watch it. Well this boy has been chasing his tail for two days now.

I'm not one of those crazy people who blogs about their pets all the time.

Let me finish this up with my easter egg treats. Which will stuffed into these eggs



and then dipped in white chocolate I think it will be rather tasty.

Ahhh can life get any better?

I submit that it cannot

No comments:

Post a Comment